Dinner is often considered the most important meal of the day, but many people skip it altogether or opt for quick and unhealthy options. The research indicates that as many as 12% to 40% of people could potentially skip their evening meal. One survey conducted by YouGov in 2018 found that 12% of adults in the United States skip dinner at least once a week.
Another survey conducted by The NPD Group in 2019 found that 41% of Americans snack instead of eating a meal at dinner time at least once a week. This suggests that even if people are not skipping dinner entirely, they may be opting for less healthy and balanced options in the evening.
Why is dinner an important meal?
Many people eat breakfast and lunch because these meals help them start and get through their day. However, dinner is an important meal with several benefits for your digestive, mental, and physical health. Eating dinner each night helps:
- Boost Metabolism: Eating a healthy dinner each evening can help to boost your metabolism. Skipping meals can actually slow down your metabolism, making it more difficult for your body to burn calories and lose weight.
- Provide Nutrients: Dinner is an important opportunity to provide your body with essential nutrients that it needs to function properly. A balanced meal that includes lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats can help to fuel your body and promote overall health.
- Improve Digestion: A healthy dinner can help to improve your digestion. Skipping meals can cause digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, and indigestion, as your body is not getting the regular fuel it needs to function properly.
- Reduce Late-Night Snacking: Eating dinner early in the evening can help to reduce late-night snacking, which is often unhealthy and can lead to weight gain. When you eat a balanced meal in the evening, your body is less likely to crave unhealthy snacks later on.
- Boost Mood: A nutritious dinner can also boost your mood. When you provide your body with the right nutrients, you are less likely to experience mood swings, fatigue, and other negative side effects that can be caused by skipping meals.
Why restaurant entreés from Den's Hot Dogs can help you enjoy a hearty evening meal
Instead of skipping dinner, try ordering a restaurant meal entreé kit from Den's Hot Dogs. These entreées are found in many of the top kitchens throughout America. Here are some of the reasons these are a great alternative to skipping a meal or eating out:
- Most of our entreés, such as the schnitzel, can be prepared in less than ten minutes, letting you also make a hearty side dish.
- We feature the leanest, tastiest cuts of meat, so that you are sure to get the nutrition that you need.
- You can prepare these entreés early in the week for a complete menu for each day you are too busy to cook.
- Our prices often are less than what you would pay for a full-course meal at a restaurant.
Try an entreé from Den's Hot Dogs so that you can enjoy dinner each night throughout the week.